Yesterday I decided to finally blush Winter's hooves. It was a bit of a challenge because they are so stained.
When I bought them second hand I didn't know they would be so stained because they were covered in about two layers of acrylic paint. I first scrubbed off the first layer, and then I soaked the hooves in rubbing alcohol for 24 hours. That got the rest of the paint off, but they were still rather stained because of how porous the resin is due to the hand cast nature of them.
Either way, I decided to challenge myself with the fantasy blush of them, at least a little bit. I originally wanted the hooves darker than the fur, but I got a bit impatient so I simply painted cracks on them. I experimented with my pastels a bit and managed to even splatter them like acrylic paint. Now once I learn how to paint on eyelashes and eyebrow hairs without the watercolor pencils I feel like I'll level up!
And here she is before and after. It's amazing what a difference a face up and wig makes. That is literally the same doll, there you can also see her original hoof blush. It looked nice from a distance, but not so much up close.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: