With a beautiful 49 degrees outside and everything melting, spring is finally knocking on our door! Too bad it's going to snow again tomorrow. Fortunately it won't stay with how warm it is supposed to be.
Either way, I have some new work to show! I finished up the modded DZ April and finally got around to working on the Only Doll RouDie as well. I took one of my liner brushes and trimmed it until it was a 30/0 rather than a 5/0.
I'm really happy with how both turned out. I haven't done much with colorful eyeshadow, but I really like how the OnlyDoll turned out. I also really liked the eyelashes I was sent. I wish I could keep the extras, but I'm not, I'm going to send them back. I'll just ask her where they are from.
I'm expecting a few more heads soon, so keep an eye out for new work in the next few weeks!
I've been switched to a new work schedule at my job, so now I have Sunday through Tuesday off, but for that I work 4 ten hour shifts a week. I managed to get through one of those on Saturday, so here's to hoping I can get through 4 in a row!
I finally finished glossing the heads from the last picture, and got a good chunk painted of the modded DZ April head.
I had a lot of fun with these guys, though my eyes were ready to pop out working on the Apple Biki head. It's just so tiny...
I also have some WIP shots of the DZ April head. I was originally trying to match her to her default face up, but that quickly proved to be too difficult with just pastels. I valiantly tried for over an hour, before I gave up and just went to town on the head. She is a fantasy character anyway.
Basically what I did was mod her eyes to dreaming (first mod I've done like that), I just now need to learn how to use my airbrush so I can colormatch the apoxie sculpt parts to the skin tone better. Oh well, I'll do that next time... The head is no where near done with the paint job.
In other news, the pipe burst in our wall again flooding half the living room this time. We also have a new hole in the wall from that. Hopefully this time when they fix it they won't need to punch another hole in.
I refined the head more by carving and sanding and beveled the eye sockets better with a new dremel bit so now the eyes look better. Sadly the mouth is crooked, so I'm just going to re-sculpt it rather than try and fix it.
I also stuck her on to an SD sized body (a DZ 58cm girl body), and I found that the proportions are really good. I am quite pleased with the results so far, but I have a long long way to go.
The doll whose body I stole was not happy, so nor was the one whose wig I snagged. Everything is back where it's supposed to be, so all dolls are happy again.
I'm going to try and finish up the face up I was working on earlier today, the one with the tree on the side of the face. It's just waaaay too cold right now at 29ºF (-1ºC) outside. It's supposed to get to 50ºF today so I'm hoping I can work on it then.
Well, I took the plunge. I started making my own BJD. So far all I've got is the head. She doesn't have ears yet because I would like to try and attach them separately so they can move, much like bunny ears, but on the side of the head.
She is SD sized, and wears 16mm eyes and a 7/8 wig. I tried an 8/9 on her, it was way too big. I finally got to use my new dremel to bevel the eye sockets. Sadly I do not have the right sized bit, so it took forever to even get to where I'm at.
Now for some pictures:
I'm rather proud of her already. It was a challenge getting the tinfoil out of her, and she cracked in a few places when I did that. Luckily I'm not one of those "First try is perfect!" people so I simply sculpted over the cracks and what not to strengthen the bond and baked her again. I only baked her 10 minutes at a time to avoid over baking her.
I blushed my reject pair today. I'm quite happy with the outcome! I wanted them to match my LTF elf chiwoo named Diuris for the orchid on her face. I pretty much used the same colors as for her flower for her wings.
Here you can see a side view to show Diruis's face. She's a little demon flower fairy, or something. Mainly she likes being pretty.
I finally finished working on my girlfriend's doll. She got her hooves blushed yesterday, completing her look! I must say, she looks absolutely great!
Onto the pictures!
She is the most hybrided doll in the household. She's a Fairyland LTF Dark Elf Soo with Daisy Dayes hooves, a Soom Beyla tail, Leekeworld small goral horns and Fairyland wings. That makes 4 companies that she's made of. Once my wings get cast (which should be this weekend) she might become 5 companies!
After starting a mod back in January, I finally finished my unicorn girl Rose. She was once a Dollzone Sheep, but I hybrided her with Daisy Dayes hooves. The hooves originally did not fit, so I had to mod the thighs heavily to work with them. Once I finished the mods I finally finished blushing her fully yesterday!
I am quite proud of how she turned out, especially for a first mod!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: