I finished up the Luts Delf Ju Hee yesterday along with tweaking the Luts Senior Delf Juniper a little upon the client's feedback. I had so much fun with both.
Here's the Juniper, all I tweaked on her were the lips to give her more of a little smile. I still need to try some various wigs on her and report to the client. I offered to try out my 8-9 wigs on her to see what brands fit the best.
Then we have the Ju Hee, who got a face up and body blush with a bloody manicure. She was an interesting challenge because my grey pastels apparently don't like building up easily so it took several layers to do so.
First up is her face up work. She's meant to be a Yurei, a Japanese ghost. It was funny to me to compare her to the Luts promo pictures of her once I was done painting her. She looks so sweet and innocent on the Luts site.
And then here we have the body blush I did on her along with her bloody manicure. I liked working on this doll a lot as it pushed me outside of my usual boundaries. I also learned how to mix a blood red color finally! Took some Carmin red with Burnt Sienna and a touch of Purple.
I'll end this post with a picture of the Ju Hee with a random wig of mine on her. Have a good one you guys!
Technically I finished this face up yesterday, but I didn't get around to posting it here until now! This time I got to work on a Luts Senior Delf Juniper in normal skin. The owner had her sent (along with a friend's doll, they ordered together) directly to me from Luts to save on shipping. I'm really looking forward to working on the second doll too as she's a Japanese ghost.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
She was a fun gal to work on, and the clients were nice enough to provide me with eyelashes and face masks. Not that I mind grabbing into my own stock as I provide all sorts of eyelashes for free, but it was still really nice! This head also bitterly fought me on painting her lower eyelashes, but I prevailed!
And just for something fun, a friend of mine on Facebook asked to see face up improvement collages, so I redid mine that showed my first three compared to my last three. It's always fun to see how one improves!
I've definitely stepped up my eyebrow and eyelash game! I was pretty terrified of eyelashes when I started, and usually avoided doing them if I could. Now they are some of my favorite things to do along with eyebrow detailing.
I switched from watercolor pencils to paint in that time. That alone bared some challenges to learn a new skill set. I'll openly admit that my first face ups after switching from pencil to brush were awful. Getting good liner brushes definitely helped as I only had a short tiny detail brush at the time.
In other news, I'll be experimenting with some different sealants, such as Citadel Purity Seal and Army Painter Anti-Shine Matte Varnish as it's getting harder and harder to find MSC for a good price, or at all. All my usual sources only have it in gloss or for the cost of my soul. I still have like 3 bottles of MSC, which I'll continue to use for commissions, but on my own dolls I'll try out the other sealants, to test how I can work with them.
That's enough from me, until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: