Finally got some new work to show for myself! I've been struggling with time management and the weather, but finally both worked out in my favor yesterday and I was able to do a face up.
I worked on an Obitsu Haruka head for a dear friend of mine. I'd forgotten how hard it was to work on vinyl when I'm so used to working on resin! It just absorbs color like crazy! Not in the staining way, it just sticks really easily to it so I have to be careful with how much pastel dust I put down. A lighter touch is better for vinyl I realized.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
One of the more dramatic face ups I've done. I had fun with it though despite the struggles of the canvas. I finally got to use one of my greens! I have so many green pastels, but I hardly ever use them... I wonder why no one needs green in their face ups... hmm.... It's a mystery to me! Then again, I'm much more of a blue and purple gal, with purple being my favorite color.
Either way, I'm down to two remaining commissions and one on the way. I'll make a blog post as soon as I'm open for more commissions!
As I mentioned in my last post, I got married this last weekend. It was a beautiful (and super short) ceremony. I'm the one in the dress and my wife is the one in the knickers and tailcoat. The weather was wonderful, even if I ended up with a migraine just about every day of the weekend.
Anyway, now that the wedding is over and family members are back home, it was time to get back to work! What I worked on was a Bobobie/Resinsoul Ya dyed to be a lovely dark tan color.
For this face up I was asked to basically combine two of my previous face ups. Dark eyebrows, black and white eyelashes, and white freckles along the eyes with natural lips.
That is all for now! I'm still waiting on a few more commissions to trickle in, but at least my new MSC is set to arrive today.
That's right! I got a lot more done this weekend and a little bit the last one too. I have lots of new face ups to show, including one for myself because 2 more commissions I have on me are more leisurely.
I sent out messages to all the commissioners asking for approval or to give my instructions. I'm hoping for approval so I can pack them all up, invoice them, and ship them back out. I feel guilty that it took me so long to work on these, but life exploded and I was sick for a week as well... Either way, they are done now.
I did three face ups for the same person on Monday. I'm still waiting on hearing back on approval or not. I'd like to be able to send them back soon.
The heads are a Hujoo Yomi, Hujoo Sara, and an Obitsu 27cm Head.
The Obitsu head was truly puny to work on, and I was asked to do freckles. Good thing my technique of freckles is easy and can be applied to any sized doll depending on how much water I use.
Now the two Hujoos were interesting to work on because they both have subtractive markings in their blushing. Stupidly enough I put the music notes on the Hujoo Yomi on the wrong cheek so I asked the owner whether they want me to redo the face up or not. I like the rest of it, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
Also the Obitsu takes really teeny tiny eyes. I had a hard time getting them into the head...
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: