Lots of WIPs!
I was certainly busy yesterday. I painted 3 heads and cleaned up a dreaming eye mod I was working on.
From left to right:
Apple Biki Head, Fairyland LTF Baby Ruru, Hujoo Nano Freya, Dollzone April.
Not much is left on the painted heads, only gloss and they can all go home. The DZ April head is getting painted hopefully today along with another head I received in the mail yesterday from a commissioner.
It's a good thing I bought more MSC recently because I would have been down to just 1 bottle, and that's never enough. I'm safely at 4 bottles now, so I won't need to worry about stocking up again anytime soon... hopefully that is.
Scar Mod + FYI
My tan DZ Stramonium is finally done aesthetic wise, I did the scar on her chest and a partial body blush on her torso. I just can't get over how pretty this doll is.
Once I clean up my poor desk again, I will take some good documentation pictures of her body blush and scar mod. For now this will have to do. I really love how the scar turned out, I just wish doing scars took less time (gotta wait for the glue to dry), but oh well. The end result of patience is usually best.
Also I now have most of my commissions in hand, with one more arriving probably today or Monday and then I'll be painting faces like a maniac. I currently have 3 heads to paint, with 1 more arriving. I also finally finished blushing the ears for my penpal, so once I document those I'll be sending them out to her.
Face Ups of 2-10-14
I'm still working on stuff! Today on the worktable I had a Soom MD Shale romantic and open eyed head to work on. The romantic head I've worked on before, but I redid him because his face up got a bit rubbed off on the chin.
I also have now done 110 face ups, so you know what that means?
Another collage! It's always fun for me to see how I've improved over the course of the last 2.5 years.
New Face Up!
I actually did this one a few days ago, but better late than never!
I did a free face up on a prize head for Allkon, a convention in Texas. I worked on MiroDoll New 1/4 Girl head (such a specific name!). I was allowed to do just about anything I wanted to, though I decided to keep it natural. I gave her freckles, and it took me literally 4 tries to get them decent. I'm starting to get better with my new technique, so I'm pleased about that. The only thing I need is more watercolor pencils in different colors. I need more medium pale browns, most of mine are either really dark, or blonde!
Anyway, onto the pictures!
The lighting is a bit crappy in them because my apartment isn't fully set up yet again. A pipe burst in two places in one of our radiators and we currently still have a giant hole in our wall until Tuesday. Now that the carpet is dry we've started putting things together again, but my picture station isn't quite there yet because that's where the hole is.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: