I finally got around to repainting my new girl (Angell Studio Dina) and my partner's new girl (Fairyland MNF WooSoo Vampire). Entertainingly enough they both have a similar color scheme. Both are pale with white hair, though my girl has heavy scarring and hers has scales in the face.
First up is my new girl in all her scarred glory.
I love how subtle she turned out. I wanted to make the scars look old rather than freshly healed. It's been a long time since she earned those scars.
Her previous face up was the company default and very sweet, but definitely not my character Elandril.
Someone actually asked me to put together a tutorial for doing scars on a BJD. Luckily Elandril does have an important scar on her arm, so I can do it with that. It's so easy to do scars like that too.
Next up are the detail shots of the Fairyland MNF WooSoo Vampire girl.
This girl is spunky, because she's a rebellious teenager. The white dots on her are scales and perfectly reversible as well because they are just white glue.
I just finished up yesterday the Loong Soul NuanNuan and got her back tattoos all done. She's already approved, so all I need to do today is send her home!
She was a lot of fun to work on, and my first time doing body tattoos on a doll!
Finally got around to putting some eyes into the doll and putting hair on her. Yes, this Doll Leaves Royal is a girl.
I really love her face up now. I've worked on this doll 3 times total, twice for my SO, and now for her new owner. This is my favorite face up on her, I wasn't very happy with her last one in all honesty...
There we go! I cleaned up all three pairs now that I've cast. One I'm never selling/giving away because it was the first one and has stunted talons. The other two I might be willing to part with, but not yet. I first want to paint them all pretty!
Here you can see that I stuck them on three different sized dolls for size comparisons. I originally intended them for YoSDs, but they work great on MSD too. A little small on the SD though. I should be able to paint them on Thursday if the weather permits. I know it won't tomorrow, too humid and gross, unless I go to college and do it there. Hmm...
Slowly but surely I've been working on some wings to market and sell for BJDs. I'm currently still at the prototype stage, but I'm slowly getting there. I've made the magnets fit at this point and the wings no longer droop when put on the doll through clothing. Now I just need 8mm x1mm N50 magnets to stick under clothing so that the wings will stay in place!
I can hardly wait to make molds and cast them! I'm so excited at this point!!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: