It's been a while since I've posted here, I apologize for my inactivity. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and the weather's been gross too (nothing but rain for 1.5 weeks...). I was able to complete the body blush on the Miracle Doll MSD Girl body, though it's been slow going on the 1/4 scale Pipas.
Either way, onto some pictures!
So here's the body with it's little bit of blood in choice places. The body is really nicely sculpted, even with the joints being far too smooth, so getting her to not whack herself was a challenge. She was fun to paint, even if most of her paint job won't be visible due to being dressed.
This weekend I plan on finishing at least one of the Pipas I need to paint. If I'm lucky, I'll do two! The weather's been so atrocious, nothing but rain, rain, and more rain...
That's all from me for now, until next time!
New Work - April 24th, 2019
First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who partook in my birthday sale, and who has commissioned me outside of it too! You guys rock and make this passion and hobby of mine possible!
Anyway, I managed to get a good start on all the commissions I still have currently on me! One is a Doll in Mind Benetia on a Miracel Doll MSD girl body, both in white skin, but I've only got the face up done so far. I also started working on the Doll Leaves Alisa by modding some fangs onto her per the client's request. I managed to finish up the body blush on the Crobidoll R-Line Evolve body in normal skin and sent him and his head back home!
Without further ado, onto some pictures!
First up is the Crobidoll body, he's an older one so I had to do some extra pink blushing along the hands and neck to make him match better to his newer head. I'm glad he's done and I'm hoping the client will like the work in person too!
After getting permission from the client, I also gave his bangs a trim, as they covered his lovely eyes!
Then here we have the Doll in Mind Benetia in white skin. She was fun to bloody-up! Her Miracle Doll body will get a similar treatment! The eyes were made by me too (acrylic bases with digitally drawn and then printed irises), now she's extra spooky!
Then here's the Doll Leaves Alisa in normal skin with her fang mod so far. She's gonna be a gothic beauty as well! No blood though on her.
And last, but certainly not least, are the three 3D printed Pipa instruments I'm going to paint for a client. I assembled them so far and glued everything in place, so now all that's left is sealing and painting!
So much fun work still ahead of me. That's all from me for now, until next time!
New Work - Oct 2nd, 2017
I got a new commission in a lot sooner than expected (Saturday) as the client had the head sent directly to me from the company. Either way, I buckled down yesterday and after painting almost all of yesterday and some this morning I got it done!
The head is an Iplehouse Ashanti in grey skin. I was asked to make her look like a skull like a La Catrina. It definitely was a challenge, but a fun one! I've never been good with sugar skull face ups, but putting a realistic spin on the skull paint job definitely helped.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
The client had sent me a mock up of what they wanted for the face up, which definitely helped as well. I did end up painting over the wisdom teeth to make bigger jaw gaps. I haven't felt this challenged by a face up in a long time, I can't wait to see how she'll look once the client has her. I know the plans, but I'm not telling here yet!
I'm also now full for my October slots as I'm waiting on 6 heads from the EU, and about 4 more from the USA. I'm so excited to work on dolls again. I was having serious face up withdrawal. And no, I do not mean sniffing the sealant, I always wear a mask when spraying and letting the parts dry, haha!
Anyway, that's all from me for now. Until next time!
Double Commission Done! 4-24-16
I finished up the Luts Delf Ju Hee yesterday along with tweaking the Luts Senior Delf Juniper a little upon the client's feedback. I had so much fun with both.
Here's the Juniper, all I tweaked on her were the lips to give her more of a little smile. I still need to try some various wigs on her and report to the client. I offered to try out my 8-9 wigs on her to see what brands fit the best.
Then we have the Ju Hee, who got a face up and body blush with a bloody manicure. She was an interesting challenge because my grey pastels apparently don't like building up easily so it took several layers to do so.
First up is her face up work. She's meant to be a Yurei, a Japanese ghost. It was funny to me to compare her to the Luts promo pictures of her once I was done painting her. She looks so sweet and innocent on the Luts site.
And then here we have the body blush I did on her along with her bloody manicure. I liked working on this doll a lot as it pushed me outside of my usual boundaries. I also learned how to mix a blood red color finally! Took some Carmin red with Burnt Sienna and a touch of Purple.
I'll end this post with a picture of the Ju Hee with a random wig of mine on her. Have a good one you guys!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: