Cranked out a couple more face ups this week, one on a Fairyland MNF Momo and the other on my own Resinsoul Ai. I finally reached 400 completed face ups since I started painting dolls in August/September of 2011! The MNF Momo was a commission from a dear local friend, and the Resinsoul Ai is one of my own.
Without further ado, onto some pictures!
First up we have the Fairyland MNF Momo in natural skin. She belongs to a dear friend of mine, who also asked me to make her some eyes. I let them pick the color (lavender) and made them with acrylic bases in 12mm. 14mm eyes were far too big and her original eyes were also way too dark.
She had come to me with a Default face up (and too big eyes), but my friend wanted her to be a lot more pink. The default face up was very pretty, but not exactly flattering, especially how they did her mouth.
And here we have my Resinsoul Ai in fleshtone skin from 2011 named Zephyra. This face up is very special as it is my 400th! I finally reached this wonderful milestone, and to celebrate it I repainted Zephyra. It's tradition for me to repaint her every 99 face ups to be the next 100th. I always keep the theme the same, so that I can track my improvement better. Hard to believe that it only took 2 years to paint 99 face ups (and a bunch of fantasy and body parts) to get here.
She's gone through so many face ups, only doll with that many in my collection is Val (Dollzone Chen), who I think I've also painted 5 times. I'll need to check at some point to see.
Again, for this face up I used Citadel Munitorum Varnish for sealant, and I'm still having difficulties with it. It has a lot less tooth than MSC, so I had to layer quite a bit more than I usually do. But, shimmer shows up much better post-sealing with this sealant. MSC likes to pretty much dull it away unless I paint it on.
Reaching 400 face ups also means that I can share my monster collage again. On my computer it's all one very long image file, but I broke it apart here so it's easier to zoom in and look at the face ups.
Man... I started this collage when I reached 50 face ups, that's why the first image was really.... diverse in backgrounds. I eventually figured out that keeping the same background is a better idea for unity! It also wasn't until last year that I got a photo light box to take pictures in. My documentation pictures definitely improved once I acquired one of those. Still learning how to set my camera for it so I don't have to do as much post-photo color and lighting corrections.
That is all from me for today, until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: