Since I have run out of commissions, and don't have any new ones lined up, I've been redoing my own dolls. That's something I need to periodically do anyway, heh.
This past week I had my Soom Beyla/Glot/Eliv with a Peapod Doll mermaid tail, and April Story Betty along with her hands on my work desk to be repainted.
Without further ado, onto some pictures!
So here we have my April Story Betty as well as her hands. Her hands had gotten horribly chipped since the last time I painted them. The blue french tip was a last minute decision, but I'm glad I did! Her face acquired two more piercings since last time (yes, I do applied piercings and can even imbed them in the resin if so requested), and her eyebrows are lighter to match her new wig!
A quick comparison of her last and current face up. Her scar is less red this time, but still there. It simply looks more healed than previously.
If you'd like to see a picture of her with her wig, I have one in the Owner Gallery!
Next up is my Soom Beyla OE/human head in cream white. She's a little siren girl, so scales were a must! She was quite the restoration process. I'm at least her 3rd owner, and for some parts I'm at least the 4th.
Her body is a Soom Glot torso with Soom Eliv arms and ears, and a Peapod Doll mermaid tail that I later uncovered to be a sakura pink color AND one of 2 with a fade from dark butt to lighter fin in this color! What a special little girl!
I scored her on the DoA MP for a good price. She was double painted (as in she was painted once, and then painted over again without removing the previous paint job), and boy was that annoying to remove.
First things first, I took her apart (some of her joints were glued together from acrylic paint...) and threw her to soak in some 99.9% isopropyl alcohol. I started with the little bowl to clean her torso of the caked on paint and the glitter.
After much scrubbing I got at least her torso clean. Her hands were still with a lot of paint on them, so I left them to soak longer.
I quickly realized she'd need to soak fully in alcohol for at least 24 hours to remove the remaining paint.
So I did that. I poured 500ml of alcohol into some tupperware and put all her painted tail pieces in there.
So here my suspicion of her fin being pink was confirmed! Under the hot pink and white paint was a layer of purple and gold. The purple and gold paint sadly stained her a little in places, but that's nothing I can't hide with the new blush job!
After 1.5 days of soaking in 99.9% isopropyl alcohol, she was finally as clean as I was going to be able to get her. I replaced all the elastic in her and restrung her. She can do some cute things with her tail! Her face up is above obviously, but I haven't documented her body blush yet.
So here she is all painted and refreshed! I slathered her in Aztec Gold PearlEx shimmer pigment after blushing her with reds. Please excuse the cruddy cell phone picture, my camera on my phone is getting dated...
The clothing is just spare stuff I had laying around, but the wig is hers and the eyes I specially made for her too. I wanted her to shimmer between gold and red as her parents are a Siren and a Fire Elemental. I think she suits them both!
I'm so glad I got her after all as I'd been eyeing her on the MP for a few weeks already, trying to talk myself out of her. But I've wanted a YoSD mermaid for years now and was super sad when Peapod Doll closed... Either way, all's good!
That's all from me for now, until next time!
Bunch of New Work - 7/18/16
I just had a super busy weekend working on personal projects as I was waiting on some more commissions to come in.
On Friday I finally got around to blushing my Dollzone Sawarieda body (it has a DZ Minas head). I'm sadly not done yet, but I'm happy with where I did stop. Then on Sunday I worked on my Impldoll Azalea elf that just arrived on Saturday. I did a quick face up on her in the morning as there was a doll meet the same day.
I don't have the best pictures of the Sawarieda body blushing, but I have some I'd like to show!
Mainly what is left to do is add scales to all her tail petals. It's going to take forever but it'll be totally worth it!
Now for the Impldoll Azalea elf in real skin. She represents one of my oldest characters who I've had running around in my head and writing since I was 14 years old. Without further ado, have some pictures!
I had a lot of fun with her scars, I always forget how much I enjoy doing them on dolls. She initially fought me on the placement of them, but once I got them "right" everything else was smooth sailing.
I'm very happy that I was able to paint her so quickly and still have it look nice.
Now to focus on commissions again. Until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: