New Work - Oct 2nd, 2017
I got a new commission in a lot sooner than expected (Saturday) as the client had the head sent directly to me from the company. Either way, I buckled down yesterday and after painting almost all of yesterday and some this morning I got it done!
The head is an Iplehouse Ashanti in grey skin. I was asked to make her look like a skull like a La Catrina. It definitely was a challenge, but a fun one! I've never been good with sugar skull face ups, but putting a realistic spin on the skull paint job definitely helped.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
The client had sent me a mock up of what they wanted for the face up, which definitely helped as well. I did end up painting over the wisdom teeth to make bigger jaw gaps. I haven't felt this challenged by a face up in a long time, I can't wait to see how she'll look once the client has her. I know the plans, but I'm not telling here yet!
I'm also now full for my October slots as I'm waiting on 6 heads from the EU, and about 4 more from the USA. I'm so excited to work on dolls again. I was having serious face up withdrawal. And no, I do not mean sniffing the sealant, I always wear a mask when spraying and letting the parts dry, haha!
Anyway, that's all from me for now. Until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: