Hello and welcome back to the blog on my website! Today's update features everything I completed this past October of 2023, and boy it's quite a bit!! Seven faceups and four sets of hands.
This blog entry is special as it features my 600th faceup, and I am just so proud of my progress the last 12 years since I've started painting dolls. Basically I average 50 faceups a year at this rate, though my faceup output has definitely decreased the past couple of years, as I've taken on a lot of body aesthetic commissions as well. I will post about that though in December when I wrap up this year.
Either way, today I will share a Fairyland RealFee Toki and a Coco, a Resinsoul Ai, a Telesthesia Doll XunYiChao, a Smart Doll Chaos G07 head, a Fairyland Feeple60 Mirwen with 2 sets of hands, a set of Fairyland Minifee hands, and a Doll Leaves Theresa along with a pair of her hands.
Onto some pictures and ramblings under the break!
As promised, although delayed, I present to you the remaining faceups for last month. It took me a bit to get to writing the continuation for the November completed faceups, but hey, better late than never!
Today I got quite a bit of work to throw your ways, so be prepared for them! To show today I have a Faewoods Dolls Dahlia Skeleton, a Faewoods Dolls Orchidaceae Frankenstein, a Fairyland RealFee Luna vampire edition, and last but now least I got a trio consisting of Sheepy Dolls Pishu, Puff, and Fluff.
So without further ado, onto some pictures under the break!
I got a new commission in a lot sooner than expected (Saturday) as the client had the head sent directly to me from the company. Either way, I buckled down yesterday and after painting almost all of yesterday and some this morning I got it done!
The head is an Iplehouse Ashanti in grey skin. I was asked to make her look like a skull like a La Catrina. It definitely was a challenge, but a fun one! I've never been good with sugar skull face ups, but putting a realistic spin on the skull paint job definitely helped.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
The client had sent me a mock up of what they wanted for the face up, which definitely helped as well. I did end up painting over the wisdom teeth to make bigger jaw gaps. I haven't felt this challenged by a face up in a long time, I can't wait to see how she'll look once the client has her. I know the plans, but I'm not telling here yet!
I'm also now full for my October slots as I'm waiting on 6 heads from the EU, and about 4 more from the USA. I'm so excited to work on dolls again. I was having serious face up withdrawal. And no, I do not mean sniffing the sealant, I always wear a mask when spraying and letting the parts dry, haha!
Anyway, that's all from me for now. Until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
To Do List: