Start of a BJD
Well, I took the plunge. I started making my own BJD. So far all I've got is the head. She doesn't have ears yet because I would like to try and attach them separately so they can move, much like bunny ears, but on the side of the head.
She is SD sized, and wears 16mm eyes and a 7/8 wig. I tried an 8/9 on her, it was way too big. I finally got to use my new dremel to bevel the eye sockets. Sadly I do not have the right sized bit, so it took forever to even get to where I'm at.
Now for some pictures:
I'm rather proud of her already. It was a challenge getting the tinfoil out of her, and she cracked in a few places when I did that. Luckily I'm not one of those "First try is perfect!" people so I simply sculpted over the cracks and what not to strengthen the bond and baked her again. I only baked her 10 minutes at a time to avoid over baking her.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: