I've been (figuratively) sitting on new work since the weekend, but didn't get to posting a blog 'til now. I managed to finish up a face up, body blush, and fantasy parts blush on a LoongSoul White Tiger Ye in white skin. I was given artist choice to revamp the little guy. So I did a Lisa Frank inspired leopard boy.
I'll go over the FYI after the pictures. Now let's begin!
For some reason, LoongSoul didn't embed the magnets for the ears in the resin, so they have to be taped on. The spots all shimmer in their respective colors, and I brushed shimmer powders all over the fantasy parts too. He's radiant to say the least! I can't wait to see what the owner will do with him.
Here's a full body shot of him with a (terrible) mohair wig I made myself on him.
Anyway, now for the FYI:
It's no secret that I'm moving to Austria at the end of this month (June 26th to be exact). I'm shipping all my face up supplies and other items per shipping container. That sadly means that I won't be able to work on any dolls for about 2 months, because the time is 6-8 weeks. I'm only taking one doll with me to have while I get settled, the rest of them are going in the shipping container.
I'll need to revamp some things on the site for that then, which I'll do once I'm in Austria. I might even change the layout of the website! I've been debating it a while now since I haven't updated the site layout in years!
Anyway, that's all from me for now, until next time!
I'm very close to being done with this commission set. I'm just waiting on approval again before I either tweak more or finish up by adding eyelashes. I personally like the work at this point. Only problem I foresee are the ears. They were supposed to be lighter on the inside, but as I worked on them they kept getting darker and darker, so I may have to wipe them and start over.
I also have another commission that just arrived, but before I can start working on him, I need to repaint Zephyra. She was my very first face up about 2.5 years ago, and now that I've completed (almost) 99 face ups, she's going to be redone as my 100th! It's simply to show myself how much I've improved in 100 face ups. The face up will be the same theme, just updated skill wise.
This is her current face up. I still had help on this one with the eyebrows and eyelashes, but her next face up is going to be all me. I even have white eyelashes now which will look gorgeous on her. Oh, she's a Resinsoul Ai in fleshtone. Just thought I'd mention that as well.
I've almost completed all of the commissions with me currently. I only have two left which I'm certain I can knock out before the 21st. One head I had started on but my pastels wouldn't stick no matter what I did so I'm going to have to start over on it. It's a dyed Resinsoul Ju. The other head with me is an Illusion Spirit Annabel.
I completed a two part commission today, though I did most of it yesterday. Today all I had to do was gloss and attach eyelashes. I just sent off pictures for approval so I'm waiting to hear back from the commissioner.
She's a cat girl, and I followed as closely as I could to the mock up I was provided. I tried to get the markings as symmetrical as I could.
And here we have the ears. This was a fun commission to work on. I hope the commissioner likes the completed face up as much as I do!
I have quite a few things on my plate right now, but I'm about 50% done with what I have to do. So far I've gotten one face up 95% done and a pair of ears 100% done.
I was originally done with the face up, but when I sent pictures for approval I was asked to add a small growing in mustache to the upper lip. So I'll take his eyelashes off again and add the mustache to finish him up. That should be easy.
Here is a before and after picture. He had the fullset DZ Yuu scar face up. It took forever to get the paint out of the eyelid creases, but after 30 minutes or so of scrubbing he was clean and ready for a new face up. It's amazing how different a face up can make the same doll look.
This is the pair of ears I finished. That's all done with pastels, no acrylics or airbrush used. The ears were originally a creamy white. I still have another pair of larger fox ears to blush for this commissioner and then I'm done.
I also have another head to face up and a pair of ears to blush. It's a 5star Doll Emma with ZM Small Kitty Ears.
Then I have another commission arriving, an Illusion Spirit Annabelle. She's going to be a snow princess so she'll be fun to work on.
Finished up the second part of the DC Bella commission. I was also sent a pair of cat ears to clean and blush.
I was asked to match them to a wig and make the ear tips golden. I have no idea what company they are from, so currently I'm counting them as unknown cat ears. I've packed up everything securely and am just waiting to be paid before sending everything back to the commissioner.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: