I've almost completed all of the commissions with me currently. I only have two left which I'm certain I can knock out before the 21st. One head I had started on but my pastels wouldn't stick no matter what I did so I'm going to have to start over on it. It's a dyed Resinsoul Ju. The other head with me is an Illusion Spirit Annabel.
I completed a two part commission today, though I did most of it yesterday. Today all I had to do was gloss and attach eyelashes. I just sent off pictures for approval so I'm waiting to hear back from the commissioner.
She's a cat girl, and I followed as closely as I could to the mock up I was provided. I tried to get the markings as symmetrical as I could.
And here we have the ears. This was a fun commission to work on. I hope the commissioner likes the completed face up as much as I do!
I have quite a few things on my plate right now, but I'm about 50% done with what I have to do. So far I've gotten one face up 95% done and a pair of ears 100% done.
I was originally done with the face up, but when I sent pictures for approval I was asked to add a small growing in mustache to the upper lip. So I'll take his eyelashes off again and add the mustache to finish him up. That should be easy.
Here is a before and after picture. He had the fullset DZ Yuu scar face up. It took forever to get the paint out of the eyelid creases, but after 30 minutes or so of scrubbing he was clean and ready for a new face up. It's amazing how different a face up can make the same doll look.
This is the pair of ears I finished. That's all done with pastels, no acrylics or airbrush used. The ears were originally a creamy white. I still have another pair of larger fox ears to blush for this commissioner and then I'm done.
I also have another head to face up and a pair of ears to blush. It's a 5star Doll Emma with ZM Small Kitty Ears.
Then I have another commission arriving, an Illusion Spirit Annabelle. She's going to be a snow princess so she'll be fun to work on.
I photographed the ZM ears I've blushed so far. They're blushed in the same manner because they were for the same doll, but when he upgraded to larger ears I didn't bother wiping the little ones.
The large ears are actually a reject pair. The mold was breaking at that point so I got them for free. All I had to do was clean them up and glue in magnets. The inside of them are really porous, but that's okay. I love them either way, and so does my doll Val who wears them. The picture below (as lousy as it is) shows how large the ears are. He is a 70cm doll, and very pleased with himself.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: