Tuesday was super busy for me on the doll front, I finished the two face ups and wings from the previous week, did two more face ups, and 3 hands. I still need to document all of them properly but I wanted to share what I all did.
As you can see, I had a very full plate to work on. I'm going to hopefully document everything today before work and get all of them listed on the site.
The heads from left to right are an Unoa L-Bi, Impldoll Greta, Doll Love M K, Doll Love YouYou. The hands belong to the Impldoll Greta, and the wings are hand cast and painted by me.
I'm currently working on two heads and a pair of my wings that I recently sold. The heads are both YoSD heads from Doll Love, one is an M K and the other is a YouYou. Let's see the WIP shot of them!
The YouYou will still be getting freckles all over the face, the M K head is almost done at this point, just need to add more details to her. And the wings sill need to be darkened up with a few more layers of purple.
I blushed my reject pair today. I'm quite happy with the outcome! I wanted them to match my LTF elf chiwoo named Diuris for the orchid on her face. I pretty much used the same colors as for her flower for her wings.
Here you can see a side view to show Diruis's face. She's a little demon flower fairy, or something. Mainly she likes being pretty.
There we go! I cleaned up all three pairs now that I've cast. One I'm never selling/giving away because it was the first one and has stunted talons. The other two I might be willing to part with, but not yet. I first want to paint them all pretty!
Here you can see that I stuck them on three different sized dolls for size comparisons. I originally intended them for YoSDs, but they work great on MSD too. A little small on the SD though. I should be able to paint them on Thursday if the weather permits. I know it won't tomorrow, too humid and gross, unless I go to college and do it there. Hmm...
Today was very successful! The molds worked great and I now have three pairs of RESIN wings! Now I just need to sand them and clean them up, and they're good to go!
They are also really light weight. I can't wait to try them out on my LTF to see how they fit!
I'm so happy with them! Thank you so much Zirconmermaid and Gerald! You two are the best!
Slowly but surely I've been working on some wings to market and sell for BJDs. I'm currently still at the prototype stage, but I'm slowly getting there. I've made the magnets fit at this point and the wings no longer droop when put on the doll through clothing. Now I just need 8mm x1mm N50 magnets to stick under clothing so that the wings will stay in place!
I can hardly wait to make molds and cast them! I'm so excited at this point!!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: