With being out of commissions to currently do, I decided to repainted a floating head of mine as an alt-head for one of my own dolls. Her last face up was stubborn to remove, but hey, it didn't stain! The head is an Impldoll Azalea Elf, and her last face up I "lovingly" nicknamed the Candy Abomination.
Without further ado, onto the pictures!
So here we have my spare Impldoll Azalea Elf head in real skin. I decided to give her a glam look as my doll's other head is naturally painted without any make up. This face up took roughly 3 hours to complete, like half an hour of that was waiting for the glue to dry!
Here we have her two heads side by side. I painted the left head back in 2016 I think, so it's been a while! My blushed has definitely gotten softer and with better gradients. I also added "piercings" to her glam head that I painted yesterday, as the character is meant to have a bunch of them. They're just glued on though.
And I'll end this entry with the comparison of the face ups on this head. Now you can see what I mean with "candy abomination" on the before face up. Though I do love the new one!
That's all for now, until next time!
I had a productive Easter weekend where I finally painted my mom's Christmas gift (I had to wait to have some free time) and I painted a spare head of mine for a face up competition on IG. The doll for my mom is a Doll Chateau Larry that I scoured the secondhand market for to find last year after she fell in love with the last one I painted. The IG face up is on my spare Impldoll Azalea head.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
First up is the DC Larry for my mom. Sadly no wig because I haven't been able ot find one that fits her head. I picked a blue theme because that's my mom's favorite color. She loves how her little snail turned out.
Second up is my face up for BJD Face Off on Instagram. I call it the Candy Abomination. We had to submit a blank head and then a theme was announced for the month for us to paint. I just wish that the theme was announced first... It was "Welcome to Candy Land". I'm the first to submit my face up so far.
Anyway, this is my spare Impldoll Azalea elf head I got through the Impldoll FB event. A friend of mine is taking her off of my hands in a trade for some BJD clothes. Oddly the face up is growing on me.
Anyway, I should have some new work this week again! Until next time!
I heard back from the client and got the green light to finish up the two blue heads! So I got them all done this morning and sent more pictures for the final approval. Now I just need to pack them up securely and send them back once I get paid.
Anyway, the heads are an Impldoll Azalea Elf and Gela in custom blue colors. They are mother and daughter, and were a fun challenge to work on. I'd never worked on such bright blue dolls before, but I'm happy with how they turned out!
Without further ado, onto some pictures!
First up is the Azalea. The color of her resin is gorgeous in person, pictures do not do it justice. When she arrived to me she had a big chip in her blushing along her nose and her chin. It took quite a bit of elbow grease to get her clean because of how much paint was on her. Either way, I'm happy with her as is the client!
Then we have the Gela in a paler custom blue color. She was trickier to work on than the Azalea due to being less featured than her. Her face is a lot flatter. She still turned out nice in my opinion, and the client likes the work too. The Gela arrived to me with a company face up, and it was very grey and pink, which just didn't suit the poor thing, so the client asked me to repaint her along with the Azalea.
I can't wait to see some owner pictures of these two! Like seriously, this client takes amazing photographs, whether it be their dolls or other subjects.
Anyway, that's all from me for now, until next time!
I've been productive again since coming back from New York, so that's good! I started on the Impldoll Azalea and Gela heads and I'm nearing completion. I'm just waiting to hear from the client on what else they'd like me to add or if I can gloss and apply eyelashes at this point.
I'm personally happy with how they turned out so far. Both are in custom blue colors, which were an interesting challenge to work on, but also fun!
Without further ado, onto some pictures!
The first picture of the Azalea is the truest to her actual color, she's a gorgeous bright robins egg blue. The Gela is a paler blue, but still very lovely!
The Azalea arrived with a very heavy airbrushed face up that had chipped along the nose and chin, so a redo was in order. The Gela arrived with a far too pink and grey face up from the company and the client wanted her to be more blue.
Now to just wait and hear from the client!
I just had a super busy weekend working on personal projects as I was waiting on some more commissions to come in.
On Friday I finally got around to blushing my Dollzone Sawarieda body (it has a DZ Minas head). I'm sadly not done yet, but I'm happy with where I did stop. Then on Sunday I worked on my Impldoll Azalea elf that just arrived on Saturday. I did a quick face up on her in the morning as there was a doll meet the same day.
I don't have the best pictures of the Sawarieda body blushing, but I have some I'd like to show!
Mainly what is left to do is add scales to all her tail petals. It's going to take forever but it'll be totally worth it!
Now for the Impldoll Azalea elf in real skin. She represents one of my oldest characters who I've had running around in my head and writing since I was 14 years old. Without further ado, have some pictures!
I had a lot of fun with her scars, I always forget how much I enjoy doing them on dolls. She initially fought me on the placement of them, but once I got them "right" everything else was smooth sailing.
I'm very happy that I was able to paint her so quickly and still have it look nice.
Now to focus on commissions again. Until next time!
Iza's Face Ups
To Do List: