I finished my temp work as the receptionist at work. Her dad got a lung after all, so now he's recovering and his daughter is coming back today to Minnesota from Ohio to resume work on Monday. I'll still come in to the office, but not as the receptionist.
To make things more fun for me I took a doll with me to work almost every day this last week. Yesterday it was Val.
There's Val pouting wanting to go home, but I still had about 2.5 hours to go at that point. Just look at that cute face, it was so hard to tell him no. Too bad he turned into a butt once I tried to get home. Brat dropped one of his ears under my car so I had to lay down on the filthy ground to get it out. And then he popped off his wig. Brat...
Also I'm still waiting on a doll to arrive to work on, I should ask again if she's been shipped yet. Otherwise I have no dolls to work on currently.
I photographed the ZM ears I've blushed so far. They're blushed in the same manner because they were for the same doll, but when he upgraded to larger ears I didn't bother wiping the little ones.
The large ears are actually a reject pair. The mold was breaking at that point so I got them for free. All I had to do was clean them up and glue in magnets. The inside of them are really porous, but that's okay. I love them either way, and so does my doll Val who wears them. The picture below (as lousy as it is) shows how large the ears are. He is a 70cm doll, and very pleased with himself.
I decided today to redo my boy Val who'd been my third face up ever. His eyebrows have bugged me a long long time, so after a year, I finally redid his face up.
I think he looks much better now, I didn't really change anything about his face up, I simply "updated" by redoing it. He's not wearing his big ears here because I still need to blush them. I'll show a small before and after comparison of my third to my 38th face up.
I'd say I've gotten quite a bit better, even if it's subtle. I can't wait to get my proper camera back...
Slowly but surely I've been working on some wings to market and sell for BJDs. I'm currently still at the prototype stage, but I'm slowly getting there. I've made the magnets fit at this point and the wings no longer droop when put on the doll through clothing. Now I just need 8mm x1mm N50 magnets to stick under clothing so that the wings will stay in place!
I can hardly wait to make molds and cast them! I'm so excited at this point!!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: