I just had a super busy weekend working on personal projects as I was waiting on some more commissions to come in.
On Friday I finally got around to blushing my Dollzone Sawarieda body (it has a DZ Minas head). I'm sadly not done yet, but I'm happy with where I did stop. Then on Sunday I worked on my Impldoll Azalea elf that just arrived on Saturday. I did a quick face up on her in the morning as there was a doll meet the same day.
I don't have the best pictures of the Sawarieda body blushing, but I have some I'd like to show!
Mainly what is left to do is add scales to all her tail petals. It's going to take forever but it'll be totally worth it!
Now for the Impldoll Azalea elf in real skin. She represents one of my oldest characters who I've had running around in my head and writing since I was 14 years old. Without further ado, have some pictures!
I had a lot of fun with her scars, I always forget how much I enjoy doing them on dolls. She initially fought me on the placement of them, but once I got them "right" everything else was smooth sailing.
I'm very happy that I was able to paint her so quickly and still have it look nice.
Now to focus on commissions again. Until next time!
I just got home from celebrating easter with my wife and my family, and it was quite lovely. We created a giant photo collage to commemorate my late step grandma who just passed away this week. The funeral is on Wednesday, so I took that day off from all work.
In happier news, I did get around to painting my giant mermaid girl from Dollzone. She's a hybrid with a Minas head on a Sawarieda body. I painted her yesterday in the morning, but didn't get around to documenting her until today.
She turned out quite pretty in my opinion, though I'm not entirely sold on the teeth on this sculpt. I normally dislike my dolls having teeth, but this was the only head I liked from DZ when I ordered the Sawarieda within a week of her release. I'm still sad that Dollzone discontinued all of their old dolls...
Anyway, I'll eventually blush her body too, but that's going to be quite the under taking! I'm going to buy alternative sealant like Purity Seal or Army Painter Matte Varnish to do it with so I can save my MSC for face ups.
Here's a picture of her currently taken last night with my cell phone. She's a massive doll and doesn't even fit on my work desk. I dread taking her apart for blushing! Her name is Sam, and she's my siren character. I'm tempted down the line when I eventually repaint her to mod her little buck teeth to pointed and give her long fin like ears!
Either way, happy easter!
Iza's Face Ups
To Do List: