My Doll Chateau Snow Nymph took a tumble the other week and face planted onto her glasses, scratching through her sealant and into her resin. It was an accident so I wasn't mad, but I was sad she got damaged.
Either way, I wanted to get through some commissions first before I tried to fix her. Fortunately the scratches weren't deep and I was able to heat them out and then wet sand the rest of the forehead to even out everything again. Then I repainted her and I personally think she's even cuter than before!
I'm much happier with her blushing and lips this time around. I still need to take some better pictures of her in daylight time.
Just the quick comparison of her old face up to her new one. I feel like I over-blushed the bridge of her nose a little, but it's not too bad. I definitely like how her lips turned out this time.
That's all from me for now!
I finally received my new doll on Friday and I couldn't wait to paint her yesterday so I did. I tried a different sealant, Army Painter Anti-Shine Matte Varnish, rather than MSC as I'm running low on it (I'm down to one can). I would buy more but I'm trying to stow money away for my upcoming wedding next month.
The Army Painter sealant feels a lot softer than MSC and has a little less tooth. It takes a little longer to dry, but has a very satin-like textured finish. I can't decide if I like it or not.
Anyway, onto some detail shots!
I'm still really proud of this face up, the freckles took about 4-5 tries to get right. I'm so thrilled with her still, I just want to take her everywhere!
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: