Yesterday morning I redid my Dollzone Stramonium's face up, which was really interesting to see for me because the first face up I did on her in December of 2013 was the first one I did using a brush for detailing rather than pencils. I've improved on that technique so much at this point.
Anyway, onto some pictures!
Here are my girl's detail shots. Her old face up was simply too plain for my infamous pirate queen. I realized she likes to wear eyeshadow and winged eyeliner, but she's not one for lipstick. No time to reapply lipstick all day when running a ship, you know?
Here's a comparison of all the face ups she's had. I got her second hand and that was the face up on the left she came with. It didn't suit my character at all. Then the middle is the one I gave her shortly after receiving her. Now the right is her current face up.
I really love how her look has evolved, it's not that different from the second to the third, but it's still different enough for me.
One last picture for the road so you guys can get an idea for how cool she really is. And yes, her eye really does glow red. It's from Ringdoll as is her cybernetic arm.
My tan DZ Stramonium is finally done aesthetic wise, I did the scar on her chest and a partial body blush on her torso. I just can't get over how pretty this doll is.
Once I clean up my poor desk again, I will take some good documentation pictures of her body blush and scar mod. For now this will have to do. I really love how the scar turned out, I just wish doing scars took less time (gotta wait for the glue to dry), but oh well. The end result of patience is usually best.
Also I now have most of my commissions in hand, with one more arriving probably today or Monday and then I'll be painting faces like a maniac. I currently have 3 heads to paint, with 1 more arriving. I also finally finished blushing the ears for my penpal, so once I document those I'll be sending them out to her.
Someone asked me on a forum to take WIP shots while working on a face up. With Christmas just having been I got a new doll from my dad as a gift, a DZ Stramonium in tan. She is so pretty. I didn't care for the face up she came with so I did my own as soon as possible while taking pictures.
The head is clean and sealed and the scar is applied with white (PVA) glue. It takes forever for the glue to dry, so if you're going to do scars, be prepared to wait up to an hour before you can start blushing. The glue dries clear.
I always start with eyebrows for two reasons; one, that's how I was taught, and two, it sets the mood for the whole face up. I also blushed the scar a bit to match it to the tan resin. Now to seal again.
Blushing applied here and there to bring color and life to the face. I use peach tones and some muted mauve colors to bring depth to the features. After this I seal again to make sure I can detail.
Details! Here I flushed out the lips fully, added eyelashes and defined the eyebrows. At this point I'm done with the painting part so now to seal again twice.
The final step is to gloss and applying eyelashes. At this point the face up is done. All that's left is to wait for the glue to dry on the eyelashes.
And that concludes my face up process. As you see it really isn't that involved. I will document this face up soon properly to add to my examples.
Iza's Face Ups
Welcome to the blog area of my site. Here you get to see my progress shots and the such of what I work on. Also I post news here. Enjoy!
To Do List: